Saturday, April 9, 2011

Surprise from my Kiln

I finally picked up all my pots from the kiln. I had about 12 pieces waiting. I am always amazed at the process. The clay gives structure and form to the pots, the first bisque fire prepares the pot, the glaze gives definition and the final firing brings it all together. As I follow this graceful shape through the days of drying, glazing and firing that would ultimately bring out its true beauty, when it finally emerges from the fire I am truly humbled!

The waiting is the hardest part for me but the process teaches me to be patient and let things take its own sweet time. Truly meditative in many ways ….

Here are some pieces to share …

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

No comments: